Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's All the Buzz About "The Shack"?

Have you heard anything about this book The Shack? It seems like everywhere I turn people are talking about it. Some love it, and are deeply moved by the story. Others are bothered by the potential theological ramifications that may come out of the book. A few weeks ago I read an article about the book in the USA Today and heard many different peoples' opinions about the book, so I decided to pick up a copy for myself and read it. (I have a pet peeve over people who critique things they've never read themselves...) And I've got to tell you, the book was hard for me to put down! The story gripped me form the very first page and brought me to tears on a few different occassions. It caused me to ask myself questions like: What is God really like anyway? How does the Trinity interact? Does God really care about my hurt and my pain? I would encourage you to pick up a copy and read it for yourself. And then...let's talk about it together! I know it will stimulate some good discussion!

No comments: