Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wow!

That's the only word I have to describe my last 3 weeks and the first 3 weeks of summer. After school let out, my family and I immediately took off to Nicaragua on a mission trip with 18 others form our church. It was amazing and God did some incredible things in and through us. But on our way back to the states, we received a call informing us that my wife's best friend from Ohio had just lost her 20 year old son in a tragic accident. So we left immediately. We were stunned by what we experienced: We waited 2.5 hours in line for the visitation...over 1200 people attended his funeral. Let's just say that God was amzingly present and at work. While we were in Ohio, we took some time to visit my wife's father who just got out of the hospital and was in a nursing home, and then we left right from there for a weeks vacation in Florida. Some friends were generous enough to let us use their condo in Bradenton Beach, so the 16 hour drive was definitely worth it. We had a blast as a family...just catching our breath and relaxing together. Then yesterday, we made the 16 hour drive back to Indiana and are finally settling in for the rest of the summer. Our Lead Pastor just left for his first ever sabbatical, so I'm holding down the fort while he's away for the next 8 weeks. I'm just happy to be in one place for awhile! Wow...

No comments: