Saturday, June 13, 2009

Slowing Me Down

Last Monday I was playing basketball and tore my ACL in my right knee. Back in 2004 I tore the ACL in my left knee and had it repaired...looks like I've got another surgery coming sooner than I expected. I'm supposed to leave for a sabbatical at work starting July 8 through Labor Day and I'm questioning God on the timing of this injury. I gott be honet, I was pretty depressed on Tuesday as I thought it all through. I love playing basketball. I'm not that good, but I love to play and get some exercise with a bunch of other guys. Why would God allow something like this to happen now? I had a lot of plans for the sabbatical...hiking, walking, etc. Now what do I do? Or maybe God was trying to tell me something. Maybe He was trying to slow me down some. Or maybe it wasn't God at all. Maybe it was the enemy trying to foil my plans. How do you tell the difference? Or maybe it was just my own stupidity...trying to play hoops with a bunch of twenty-somethings when you're 41 isn't the smartest idea in the world is it?

So where do I go from here? I'm thinking about convincing my doctor to do the surgery this week so I can start down the recovery road, but who knows...

One thing I know: God and me are good. It took a few days for me to chill out and listen to what He wanted to say to me, but I think I got it. He's saying: David, I'm God through the good and the not so good. Trust me. I will never leave you or forget about you. I love you David.

I think that's good enough for me.

No comments: