Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm Taking a Break Today

I'm taking some time to rest today. I'm intentionally pulling aside during the start of the crazy, hectic holiday season to remind myself of a few things: 1. The world will go on without me 2. I'm not as important as I like to think I am 3. Time spent resting and reflecting is critical to my soul 4. Time spent on rest and reflection isn't "wasted" time at all 5. Developing a spiritual rhythm that includes time for rest and reflection is one of the most productive things I can do In a culture where I feel as though people are always pushing me for more, more, more, intentionally pulling aside and taking time to think is one of the most important things I can do. So I'm going to grab my pen and my journal, a few really important books and I'm simply going to do NOTHING. I'm going to listen. I'm going to rest. I'm going to remind myself of what's really important and how thankful I am for those things...

1 comment:

briancromer said...

How did your Sabbath go?