Saturday, November 22, 2008

Great People

I'm in Nashville, TN with my family for the National Youth Worker's Convention hosted by Youth Specialties and I just finished having dinner with some of the volunteer youth workers who are here from my church. What an amazing group of people! They love Jesus and they love teenagers. They don't have all the answers. They aren't the "coolest" group of people on the face of the earth, but they have something special...they are called by God to work with kids! They are making an incredible difference in this world and I'm grateful for them. They give up their time to spend time with kids. They are selfless. They can laugh at themselves. They can be real. And I believe lots of kids see Jesus in each of them. I'm grateful to be a part of this incredible team!

2 comments:

briancromer said...

As being one of those people you met in Nashville, I just wanted to tell you that it was a pleasure getting to meet and chat for a while. Thanks for sharing your heart, your experiences, and your advice. I appreciate you bro.

Dave Ambrose said...

Thanks Brian! What an encouragement!