Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Memorial day Weekend in Indy

I've lived in Indianapolis for over 4 years now and I'm learning that the Indy 500 pretty much takes over this town on Memorial Day Weekend. It's a lot of fun to watch all the festivities, but I think there's something even more important to remember: All the men and women through the years who have fought for our country and defended us so we can experience the freedom we have today. So I just wanted to say THANKS! I am one American who very much appreciates all you've done for me and my family and I'm doing whatever I can do to give back and make our country a better place for future generations!

1 comment:

Erik Deckers said...

There's a really cool movement called The Gratitude Campaign. It has a video that shows a new "thank you" gesture that you can do to military personnel you see from a distance, but don't feel comfortable walking up and saying thank you. Check out the video on their website. It'll make you a little verklempt.