Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Disappointment

I spent a lot of time following my beloved Cleveland Indians this baseball season only to be disappointed once again. Up three games to one and losing to the Red Sox...it was almost too much for me to handle! I should probably just get used to disappointment. After all, only one team out of about 30 end up on top each year. Only one fan base is NOT disappointed. It's just so hard being a Cleveland fan. You're used to disappointment...almost jaded. Is there anything in this life that doesn't disappoint? Is there anything I can invest my time into that won't leave me feeling empty? It's certainly not sports! What about Jesus? Has He ever disappointed me? Has He ever let me down? Churches have. Pastors have. Christians have. But not Jesus. Lord, can we hang out awhile? I need some help learning how to handle my disappointments...

No comments: