Saturday, September 22, 2007

Man on the Run

It seems like I've been on the run since the beginning of summer. And today is already the first official day of fall! From events and camps to retreats and messages, my life has been in constant motion lately. I can feel my body telling me how tired it is. I can feel my soul yearning for some rest. Do you ever feel as though you'll never cath up? Do you always feel like there's something more to do? If so, I have just the prescription for you: Stop and rest! When God created the world, he worked for 6 days and then rested on the seventh - not becasue He was tired, but becasue He was showing us the importance of developing a Sacred Rythmn. I'm learning to understand the importance of regular rest. I'm trying to make it a natural part of my life. Next week I plan on getting away for my annual week of silence and solitude at Gethsemane Monastary in Kentucky. It's the one place in my life where I feel I can truly allow myself to rest and pull away for awhile just to listen to God...just to bask in His love and remind myself about what it means to be His child. I hope to journal...I hope to read the Scriptures...I hope to worship...but most of all, I simply hope to rest. You may not be able to join me at the monastary, but would you consider resting with me and enjoying the presence of God together?

No comments: