Saturday, June 23, 2007

Its Been Awhile

Okay, so I'm not the most active blogger. No excuses - just life. I keep thinking things slow down in the summer, but in reality everything just seems to speed up. The kids are home and I want to spend time with them. The days seem longer - the sun doesn't go down around here until almost 10PM these days, so no one's in bed until much later. There are summer camps and community events and trips to the ice cream store that quickly fill up my day. So the challenge for me these days is finding space in my life to simply do nothing. I have this burning desire to be alone and just listen, but our society fights me on it at every turn. I must pursue it. I must make it my passion. That's the only way I will ever find it. But I also realize that's the only way I'll ever survive!

No comments: